Crimsonsky.com Enjin Renewal

6 replies
Seira A
Votes:
+41
Admins
Guild Member
3yr+ Veteran
The Crimsonsky.com Website is back up for yearly renewal expiring in 10 days, just checking if if we still feel the need to keep it up or stick to just Discord these days.

Since we don't need Teamspeak anymore it's only about $136yr total.
Posted Jan 27, 19 · OP
Votes:
+6
Guild Member
3yr+ Veteran
I am not sure how many people actually come and visit the website but I hit it daily, just in case someone actually posts something in the forums, or on the main page. The news feed links on the bottom left are also My guess is that due to there not being any 'one' major MMO that we are all playing things have been pretty slow on the website for the past year. Personally, I would not mind keeping it as it is a part of our history, and well, a lot of history is on here from pictures, posts and what-not. I would rather not see all of that disappear. Plus, lose the website address and the chances of getting it back these days are pretty much slim to none.

If you need some money to put towards the upkeep/ownership let me know, Seira. I may be a sucker for still playing WoW (Darkyn says hi btw) and get paid in what you Americans call 'funny money/Monopoly money' but I can scrounge up some Canadian Dollars for you via Paypal and send it your way.

Tre
Posted Jan 27, 19
Votes:
+10
Guild Member
3yr+ Veteran
I'm echoing what Tre says to be honest. I just wish there was a game that would suck us all back in for a change.
Posted Jan 30, 19
List
Undo
Votes:
+25
Guild Member
3yr+ Veteran
im good with just sticking with discord, but i think there needs to be member only channel, as there appears to be a lot of people joining the discord channel that arent a part of the guild.. I have no problems with them being there, but whats the process now of them becoming a part of cse? just joining the discord server? If the consensus deems the website necessary, i too can help assist with some funds, but i honestly dont think its necessary..
5e22220021d1a607.png
https://robertsspaceindustries.com/citizens/DorlarCSE
Posted Jan 30, 19
Seira A
Votes:
+41
Admins
Guild Member
3yr+ Veteran
dorlar I actually did create a #Guild channel in Discord quite awhile back, but it does require users are tagged with the 'Guild Member' role in Discord for access. I haven't kept up with that as it hadn't come up as a need yet, but you should have full access to do under your mod role on the server. We've always had a fairly selective process for officially adding new members to the guild, that could be relaxed as long as we uphold expectations on behavior and quality of the people and /kick those that are found not to meet set guidelines.

The big thing historically with the website for us has been for returning members, it's been easy for folks to google or hit crimsonsky.com to check back in with old friends and guildies after many years of being away. Otherwise what prompted this question is that Discord has filled that day to day communication role that the website once did, though I do see the advantage of the forum for resources and content if members were active in a major game.

If a couple people want to help keep the website going and kick a few bucks in, I'll at least cover the remaining half putting us through 2/2020.
:evil: Currently playing: A little BF:V or Anthem
Posted Feb 1, 19 · OP
Votes:
+10
Guild Member
3yr+ Veteran
Hi fellas. As long as someone reminds me, I am more than happy to chip in funds for the website as long as you guys want to have it. However, I think it is largely obsoleted by discord's functionality. Thus, I think any administrative effort that Seira and others are expending would be better spent on Discord things, rather than this website.

MAM
Posted Feb 1, 19
RivenCsky MOD
Votes:
+26
Guild Recruiter
Guild Member
3yr+ Veteran
I am up for what is best for all, I will follow on adding money to cover expenses as needed.

eFfmdb3.jpg
Posted Feb 9, 19
NoticeNotices